Saturday, July 9, 2011

4th of July Weekend

Friday morning the girls and I met up with Katie and her boys to go to a local nursing home to pass out American Flags.  Katie had come up with this idea and what a great idea it was!  I know those sweet folks loved seeing the kids.  Zach was so cute handing out the flags to everyone and even giving a lady a kiss. 



The last couple of years we have gone to Branson with my side of the family for the 4th, but this year my parents weren't able to go b/c my Aunt and Uncle were coming through and staying with them for a couple of days.  So, my mom offered to keep the girls while Davin and I went.  My brother and his wife still wanted to go as well so Friday after lunch we left for my parents to drop the girls off and meet up with my bro and sis-in-law.  On our way up hwy 7 to Branson we stopped at a little country place to eat dinner.  It's called the Cliff House and it over looks what is called the Arkansas Grand Canyon.  It was a cute little place with a great view. 

Then we were on our way again to stay at my grandparents house in Branson. We visited with them for a little bit and then went and played some putt-putt.  We finished the night off with some DQ!  The next morning we woke up early to grab some breakfast at Billy Gails.  It is another cute little country place. 
We wanted to be at SDC by the time it opened in hopes of avoiding some long lines and the heat.  It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be.  We didn't have to stand in line for very long at all on any of the rides and it wasn't too hot.  We did do a few water rides to cool us off.  We left the park around 2 to get showers and do a little shopping and dinner.  Again we finished the night off with some putt-putt and go-carts!  It was a fun day.

Look how big the pancakes are!!

End of the Day at SDC, wet, tired, messy hair and all :), fun day!



Pirates Cove Putt-putt

Sunday we did a little more shopping at the Outlets and then made it back to my parents for dinner.  Davin's parents had come up to see the girls since it's a short drive for them to my parents house. 
The next morning Davin and I did a Sprint Triathlon.  Some friends we know have put this one on for the last 4 yrs.  Since I decided less than a week before that I'd do it, I knew there was no way I could do the swim so I just did the bike (13 mile) and run (2mile).  Poor Amberley, she convinced me to do it and shortly into the bike she blew out her tire on a pothole.  Thankfully she didn't wreck, and she still did the run with me!
We had a great weekend with family and friends!
Girls in their 4th of July outfits Grandma got them!




1 comment:

  1. Hey! I didn't know you had a blog! Your header is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete