Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chick-fil-a and a wedding

We've been busy the last couple of weeks and I can't even remember what all we've done!  I seriously think having babies does something to your memory?!  I used to remember all kinds of details and things that happened months ago on a certain date, but now, I can barely remember what I wore yesterday.  It's crazy, hopefully I'm not the only one that feels this way :)!!
On the 20th my baby girls turned 18 months old! HOW did that happen?!  Just in the last month they have changed so much not only in looks, but in development.  I love watching them grow and change and learn new things, but it is a little sad at how fast it goes.  I love them more each day.  They bring so much joy to my life and my heart is so full.  Thank you Jesus for allowing me to be their momma! 
Also on the 20th our sweet and talented friend Rachel Blackwell took some family photos for us.  I was so nervous going into it b/c it's hard to get one toddler to pose and smile at the camera, let alone 2!  I was hoping to have my mom come with us to help get their attention but she was out of town that week.  I think Rachel managed to get some good shots though and I can't wait to see them!
The next day we met up with some friends to eat at Chick-fil-a (our fav!) and let the kids play! 
Parker, Ava and Hunter are on top, and Payton and Micah all enjoying the playground!
Payton and Micah could not get enough of this slide!
Sweet friends!
We ended our week down in Booneville for one of Davin's cousin's wedding.  We made a weekend out of it so Gran and Pa (Davin's parents) could see the girls and Davin could visit with his family that he doesn't see often enough.  And some of our friends that live there just had their second baby so we got to cuddle with sweet little Nate Glover!  Of course the only pictures we have from the weekend are a few that Davin took at the wedding.
Jessica and Davin's cousin Levi!  Jessica looked gorgeous! 
One thing I want to remember...my girls are pretty easy going and will go to anyone.  Well Payton is into this phase where she will hold out her arms with her little hands spread wide to just about anyone that walks by her. It's the cutest thing, and so hard to resist (in my opinion).  While we were at chick-fil-a she kept doing this to all the people that walked by!  Then while we were at the wedding she kept doing it to all these strangers and most of them would hold her (with me close by, it's a little weird handing my baby over to a stranger).  Davin's mom and I went to a cute little store in town and of course once the lady was showing us around and helping us, Payton would not stop reaching for her, so I just let the total stranger (although sweet lady) hold my baby, HA!  I love that she is so outgoing, as long as she saves some of those sweet outstretched arm reaches for me :)!
I spent my day yesterday cleaning from being gone all weekend.  I love starting my week off with a clean house!  A few weeks ago we started 'Family Night' on Monday's with Davin's cousin Mandy and her family.  Neither of us have family in town so this is a good excuse to get together for dinner each week and hang out.  It's also nice that they are some of our best friends!  This week it was at my house so I had a little motivation to get my house clean. 
We are getting ready for a garage sale this weekend, and today I priced up all my items and got them organized. Whew, what a week and it's only just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment