Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Week Back At Home, And Girl Time

Last week on Monday Davin had to be somewhere 6hrs from us for work.  So to make the trip shorter, we went down to my parents Sunday night.  I was staying almost the whole week b/c Davin had to make another short trip for work to Canada.  And I was going to get to meet our friends new baby girl, Mollie Kate!!
My friend Crystal had planned to come up the same week to stay with her parents so that we could meet Mollie.  I was so glad that it worked out.  So a couple of weeks before, we decided that we needed and wanted to have a girls night!
I have known Crystal since I was in 3rd grade, or sometime around then.  We grew up together at the same church.  I have known Amberley since about the same time.  We played on the same softball team for a few years growing up. Her mom was my coach a couple years :)!  We were all in different grades, so we didn't hang out that much until college really where we all went to the same church, and same college for me and Crystal.  We were all in each other's weddings too.
After we all got married, we moved away from each other and so I think this may have been the first time that just the 3 of us, with no kids or hubby's, got to hang out.  And it was so much fun!
 Me, Crystal,and Amberley after dinner at a good little local place.
Had to end the night with some FroYo, and lots of laughs!  Love these girls!
 The next day we had a little play time.  We had to get the girls all together for a picture! 
Macie and Mollie (Crystal's sweet girls), Parker and Payton, and Elsy (Amberley's little one).
I just think this picture is so cute.  It looks like Payton is telling Elsy something.

And of course they got spoiled by the grandparents and had lots of fun!
 Payton playing in the new car that Grandma and Grandpa got the girls.
 Payton enjoying the slide and Grandpa pushing Parker in the swing.  That child could swing ALL day :)!
 Parker riding the other car Grandma and Grandpa got the girls.
Playing with bubbles in the backyard.
It was a great week, but we missed Daddy!  I also got in a couple runs with Amberley.  Oh how I miss my running partner.  We used to run together a lot before I got married and moved.  The girls and I headed back home on Thursday, and daddy made it home that night.  What a fun week we had!


No comments:

Post a Comment